Client Interview: "I don't consider myself to be a 'sexy' person."
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
2) What do you do for a living?
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
It initially started out as a spur of the moment gift idea for my long distance boyfriend. The more I looked into doing a boudoir shoot though, the more I realized that these pictures were going to be for myself as much as they were for my boyfriend.
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
I was so nervous! I don't consider myself to be a "sexy" person.. I'm way too awkward for that. I also wasn't sure how my body would look in the pictures and that was something I was worried about.
5) Why did you choose OWN?
I did some homework online and a lot of the other boudoir photographers in Atlanta had a very pin-up style and wasn't my taste. It was refreshing to come across Sarah's website because all of the pictures were GORGEOUS. The pictures were very sexy but still classy - which is exactly what I was looking for.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
The session was awesome. I had no idea what to expect, but it was much more relaxed than I had anticipated. The glass (or two) of champagne before we started shooting definitely helped!
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
I absolutely loved getting ready for the shoot.. I mean who doesn't love getting pampered? It was also so exciting to look at the pictures on the camera and see that I actually looked good without any photoshop! Sarah is AMAZING at what she does and will make you look & feel good about yourself no matter what.
8) How has the response been to your images?
So positive! Everyone wants to see them, and I have no problem showing my pictures. My boyfriend was also pretty pleased with the surprise :)
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
DO IT! Seriously.. it doesn't matter the reason why. These pictures are something you'll have for the rest of your life and you can look back and remember how amazing you look!
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
I think it's fun to see yourself and your body the way that others see you. It was definitely a confidence boost and reminded me that I can be sexy.