Client Interview: "I was terrified..."
1) How old are you? 32
2) What do you do for a living? I work in the medical field
3) 3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session? My now husband wanted a set of boudoir photos for his wedding present from me. I originally said no, but he was smart enough to ask in front of some friends who insisted I do them.
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? I was terrified! I am a full figured gal and the idea of getting naked or even semi naked in front of people was totally unnerving.
5) Why did you choose OWN? To be honest I didn't want to run into the person who was taking nude pictures of me in the grocery store so I started looking in Atlanta. Atlanta is about 3 hours away from me so I figured it was safe. I searched the internet and stumbled upon several okay photographers but I kept looking. Once I found OWN, I showed everyone I could and I knew that Sarah would do an amazing job of making me look amazing. (later I found out that my fiance had found OWN as well and really loved Sarah's work)
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)? The session it self was amazing. I brought a ton of clothing options and laid them out and Sarah helped me pick some really good choices. I had a few drinks while I was in hair and makeup. Then it was time to get undressed and I was really nervous, but the second I walked out in my first outfit all my fears went away. Sarah put me at ease and once she started taking the pictures and showing me a few on the back of her camera... I was so much fun. I will admit, at the end I was a bit sore from holding some very awkward positions but the pictures of those moments turned out to be gorgeous!
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc) I think seeing the picture of my now husbands face as he looked through the pictures just hours before we said "I do" it the best part of the whole experience. I also really enjoyed going through all the images and realizing just how beautiful I really am.
8) How has the response been to your images? I love them and I have shown them to everyone I know practically! All of my friends really want to book their own session and will probably do so in the next year or so.
9) Any advice for women interested in such a session? I think everyone should do a session. I was very nervous and to be honest I didn't want to do it at all but now that I have... I have more confidence and I know that I am gorgeous!
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session? YES! I am beautiful and way more confident now. I show my pictures off to anyone who will look at them.