1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
I am 50!
2) What do you do for a living?
I am an HR professional working for a global organization.
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
I have done two boudoir sessions with Sarah! My first one was a Christmas gift for my husband – he slightly hinted that he would love to see me do a boudoir session someday.
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
I had fears about my first session – I imagine they are universal fears (e.g.: will I like the photos, is my butt too big, who am I to do this etc.). Once you meet Sarah, all those fears melt away; Sarah has a gift for seeing beauty no matter what your shape or size and makes you feel instantly comfortable.
5) Why did you choose OWN?
I did my research! I was drawn to the beautiful photos on OWN, and when I started researching Sarah, I found her authentic, warm and full of joy – just the person who I would want to put my trust in.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
Both sessions were fun! Sarah knows what she is doing. She provides a lot of direction which enabled me to relax and let her do the work. She has a tremendous eye for angles, light and what makes a person their most beautiful. Sarah is also so enthusiastic – she encourages you before, during and after the shoot!
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
I loved preparing for the first shoot, such anticipation! Sarah provides a suggested checklist which I followed and then supplemented with a few of my favorite things. You bring your suitcase to your boudoir session and Sarah goes through it and selects the outfits – it was great to hear her excitement, and of course she knows what shows up best on camera.
8) How has the response been to your images?
My husband LOVED the first set. He has blown up a few of the photos and they now hang in our bedroom. Some of my best girlfriends have seen them and are now interested in having their own boudoir session!
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
Do it NOW! It is empowering and gives you an opportunity to capture your beauty both during the session and forever afterward.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
Yes! After the first shoot, Sarah sent me a few “sneak peek” images. When I opened the email, the first one made me giggle – it was light and flirty. The second image made me weep – I had never seen myself in the way I saw myself in that image. It really made me pause and re-examine the negative self-talk that can swirl around in my head. It was a pivotal moment for me. Now, I am much more kind and gentle to myself. No more negative self-talk or criticism about body “flaws”. I have found that now I look at myself as in, what would Sarah’s camera see? It feels quite empowering and free.