Celebrating '50 again', late-life divorce, and seeing yourself | Atlanta boudoir photographer
One of the best parts about photographing boudoir sessions for individual women is that I get to bring you stories of life and purpose that will hopefully resonate with you. Boudoir photography, while resulting in killer imagery (especially at my new studio here in Atlanta!), is still a product of a journey for most of my clients.
We have events in our lives, milestones, relationships, random Tuesdays, etc that shape our views of ourselves (for better and for worse!). It's incredible to watch a new sense of OWNership and love-of-self take over after the boudoir experience. This lovely woman came to me at our Atlanta boudoir studio out of celebration and I loved reading her story. Check it out below!
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
I just celebrated my ’50-again’ birthday in December
2) What do you do for a living?
I am an Information Technology Manager
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
Divorce after 25 years of being married, relocating to Atlanta, starting a new job, new life – [I] wanted to celebrate me and all I have become
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
LOL, like most people, I’m sure, I was concerned about how this body really looked!
5) Why did you choose OWN?
After seeing the pictures on the website and the tasteful, sensuous, artistic expressions of all types of women, I knew Sarah was a skilled professional
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
It was much more personalized and casual and relaxing than I expected….it was like spending the afternoon with a good girlfriend! The way Sarah directed me to pose was incredibly easy but produced magnificent results!!
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
Hard to pick a favorite; the entire experience was uplifting and confidence building. Probably the most surprising and pleasing part was seeing the images and thinking “ damn, is that really me?!”
8) How has the response been to your images?
Very consistent – gasp of air, jaws dropped, then “WOW”
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session? –
DO NOT WAIT, do it now!
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
Absolutely. More confident. I am gorgeous