"I was hella nervous" | Client Interview | Atlanta Boudoir Photographer
A serious of emotions and reactions happen when another photographer emails you about having their boudoir session with you.
1) This must be a mistake
2) I better be nice, I don't want them to judge me
3) Really? ME?
4) Ok I guess they are serious. Breathe. Breathe.
This situation was no different! When she emailed me and told me that I was the photographer for her I most definitely had a heart palpitation. I was like, "Wait, you're coming all of the way to Atlanta to have a boudoir session with ME?". She immediately responded: "Duh".
There is such an honor involved when another artist notices your craft and loves it enough to invest in it. You'll read in her interview that she was "Hella nervous!!"... but really, so was I. We were nervous for different reasons, but you'll have to read on to hear about hers
Take the leap,
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
- 36 and jamming to No Doubt and TLC back then. And still.
2) What do you do for a living?
- Underwater Portrait & Newborn Photographer
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
- While I've made self-portraits for a few years, after having my twin boys, I wanted to have something special for myself of myself - just as I am (but amped up thanks to the OWN team!).
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
- Yes, being on the other side of the camera freaked me F out! And with little to no clothes, at that! Haha
5) Why did you choose OWN?
- 100% the initial reaction to the feel of your portraits. Shadows and light are on point, not only in making your girls look gorgeous but, to give that alluring feel of the atmosphere. It's as if you capture exactly what we (real women!) envision our sexy and seductive self to be - without the cheesy elements.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
- I had a feeling, while I was hella nervous, it would be fun. And Sarah didn't disappoint in the fun department.
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
- A mix of priming and the shoot. You guys made me feel like a rockstar.
8) How has the response been to your images?
- EVERYONE I've shown LOVES them!! My husband absolutely loved them and was in awe.
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
- Do it. Don't think twice. The moment you're interested, and go see "what it's all about", just schedule it and do it. That's the moment you have to take and run with it because you won't regret it. It's empowering in an incredible way.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
- After having my twins, 8 years ago, I've had a love/hate with my body. Pregnancy (and marriage, haha) caused changes and while I've always embraced the stretch marks and looser tummy seeing it in this light made me realize just how beautiful it is that my body went through infertility treatments, carried two babies inside, nourished those two boys and has been able to keep up with their crazy energy, all with a side of sensuality.