Posing while pregnant...one client's story | Atlanta boudoir photographer
While maternity boudoir sessions are becoming more and more of an occurrence in my studio (especially for those clients that got knocked up as a result of their stunning photos hahahah), this session was a little different when it comes to 'pregnancy boudoir'.
It doesn't happen often, but every now and then I get a panicked call from a client. This call usually goes something like this:
"Ohmygoodness I just found out that I am pregnant and I need to come in for a boudoir session within the next hour or day or week before my body starts to show!!!"
I love it, and it definitely gives the session a different sort of milestone in the lives of my clients. How neat to be able to look back at your boudoir session and see the beginnings of your child's life?
For this client, that happened exactly... read about her experience below!
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
2) What do you do for a living?
Regulatory for a Medical Device company.
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
Been wanting to do it for a while, and after I found out I was pregnant, I finally decided "It's now or never!"
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
Body image insecurities. [I'm] not good at posing and [tend to make] awkward faces in photos.
5) Why did you choose OWN?
LOVED Sarah's work and the way she elegantly captures a woman's natural beauty.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
A lot less nerve-wracking than I thought especially being almost (if not completely) naked in front of a stranger. But, having only the photographer there makes it more comfortable. Posing is hard, foreal.
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
Everything, really. But seeing the images was really special and shows the fruit of your labor [before I go into actual labor!]. I kept saying, "Dang! Is that really me?!" Sarah is amazing at what she does!!!
8) How has the response been to your images?
Response has been great. Nothing but goooooooood feedback :] Especially from the hubby.
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
You don't need the "perfect" body to do this. Just as the name of the studio states, its about your OWN beauty. Whether you do it for yourself or for someone else this was such an empowering experience and one I would recommend every women to try. If you are doing this for a special someone, think of ways to make the outfits more meaningful, so the photos are more personalized.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
Learned to love my own skin and embrace what I feel are my imperfections. Being sexy is more than just the outfit I may (or may not be) wearing, but the confidence that comes out of me.