OWN Boudoir client interview: From self-conscious to spectacular
1) How old are you... or if you prefer, who were you listening to at age 14 :)?
I am 41.
2) What do you do for a living?
Registered Nurse specializing in Pediatric Trauma.
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
My friend had done it and told me about OWN. I loved all the pictures on the website especially the variety of women and body types. I thought that I would like to look that beautiful too. I thought that it would be a step out of my comfort zone and an awesome gift for my husband.
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
I thought I would be very self conscious and that I might look at my pictures and still see myself as ordinary rather than spectacular.
5) Why did you choose OWN?
All your website pictures were beautiful and my friend had said she had a good experience. I liked the fact that everything is kept very private.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
I was rather at ease. It was fun and my brain was occupied enough by the directions that I didn't have time to be self conscious.
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
8) How has the response been to your images?
Mostly positive. Those who have been positive have been VERY positive. My husband is super happy. I did have 2 friends tell me that the pictures don't look like me and they also didn't like many pictures on the website. I think both of them have a very narrow idea of female beauty. I'm glad you don't. You seem to be able to find that unique special beauty in each person you photograph.
9) What is your advice for women interested in such a session?
Do it! It will make you more comfortable in your body and proud of your own beauty.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
Absolutely!!! I feel proud of the package that is me. I have more drive to make it even better and when I feel down on myself, I can look at those beautiful pictures in my book. You can't argue with concrete evidence of beauty. We are hanging the picture of my legs in our bedroom so that I will have a consistent reminder.