Client Interview: "You are perfect the way you are..."
1) How old are you?
2) What do you do for a living?
Receptionist & graduate school student.
3) What/who made you decide to book a boudoir session?
It was a "30 Before 30" list item - to celebrate my awesomeness!
4) Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
I wasn't completely sure of what to expect, but I didn't really have any fears or apprehensions.
5) Why did you choose OWN?
The images on the blog definitely helped because they were a variety of women in shapes, sizes, and colors and they all looked beautiful. It was very classy and - dare I say - perfect! Plus your personality and warmth radiate through your emails so it was definitely comforting.
6) How was the actual session different from what you expected (if at all)?
No. Haha, I wasn't sure what to expect! However, I will definitely say I have a whole new respect for models because it looks easier than it is, and posing can feel very awkward!
7) What was your favorite part of the entire experience? (priming, the shoot, seeing images, giving the images..etc)
I loved all it! But, I would definitely say seeing the images was the best part.
8) How has the response been to your images?
Everybody I showed them to loved them! And I have a couple of friends who are working on convincing themselves to do it. I've told them all to just go for it! I've even had people, including my own twin sister, who said she didn't even realize some of them were me.
9) Any advice for women interested in such a session?
You are perfect the way you are and that's what this is about! There isn't a better way to celebrate yourself than seeing the reflection of your own beauty. It's definitely easy to pick & prod over our imperfections but I believe you'll see that's what make you unique, special, and are often what other people love in you.
10) Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of this session?
If someone had told me a few years ago that I would take a photo in a bra and panties or topless, there's no way I would've believed them. I didn't even go into this session wanting to be topless. So as much as I've told myself that I am confident, I realized I was confident within a comfort zone. That comfort zone no longer exists!